Parent and Academy Contact Team (PACT)
PACT – Parent and Academy Contact Team
WHAT ARE OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES?
- To provide a forum where parents can make comments, raise questions and concerns
- To act as a gateway between the parents and the Academy.
- To collaborate with the Academy on improvement and development
- To provide a link from the parents/carers in to the Governing Body.
- To work with staff and students to raise funds for the Academy.
- To support the staff and students at the Academy.
- To provide support at Academy events.
These gatherings are a fantastic opportunity for parents and carers to work in collaboration with the Academy. We are building a learning community that is focused on ensuring that the young people attending Q3 Academy Tipton experience an outstanding education which develops them into active citizens; well prepared for the wider world when they complete their time with us.
Your views and your support are an essential aspect in building a culture of aspiration and success, so please come and join us.
If you would like any further information about the PACT group then please email email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to get in touch to give us your ideas, suggestions, to volunteer your services and for further information on any event – your views count!
We look forward to meeting you and working with you.
Role of Chairperson
To ensure that PACT functions properly.
- Each meeting is planned effectively, conducted according to the agenda and that matters are dealt with in an orderly, efficient manner
- To ensure that PACT is managed effectively and ‘lead the team’
- To provide support to the PACT members
- To represent PACT as required i.e. Stakeholders Meeting
Role of Vice Chairperson
- To chair any meetings that the Chair is unable to attend
- Be involved in, or liaise with the committee and sub committees when organising events
- To prepare meeting agendas by consulting with the PACT Chair
- To welcome and involve other parents into the PACT
- To communicate to all parents, wider school and community about meetings, news and events via Facebook flyers, posters, newsletters and website
- To lead parent and wider Academy community engagement in PACT (class representatives, use of local contacts and skills)
- To prepare with the Chair the PACT and Treasurer annual report for the Annual General Meeting and any other meetings
Role of Treasurer
- Provide floats for each of the events
- Collect and bank money from the events
- Provide a report at each PACT meeting showing how much money has been raised/spent, with a closing balance at the end
- Prepare a balance sheet and a report for the AGM for the years accounts
Role of Secretary
- To attend PACT meetings
- To take accurate minutes
- To type up the minutes and send them to Chair for approval
PACT Meetings are currently not taking place.