Parent and Academy Contact Team (PACT)
PACT – Parent and Academy Contact Team
WHAT ARE OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES?
- To provide a forum where parents can make comments, raise questions and concerns
- To act as a gateway between the parents and the Academy.
- To collaborate with the Academy on improvement and development
- To provide a link from the parents/carers in to the Governing Body.
- To work with staff and students to raise funds for the Academy.
- To support the staff and students at the Academy.
- To provide support at Academy events.
These gatherings are a fantastic opportunity for parents and carers to work in collaboration with the Academy. We are building a learning community that is focused on ensuring that the young people attending Q3 Academy Tipton experience an outstanding education which develops them into active citizens; well prepared for the wider world when they complete their time with us.
Your views and your support are an essential aspect in building a culture of aspiration and success, so please come and join us.
If you would like any further information about the PACT group then please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate to get in touch to give us your ideas, suggestions, to volunteer your services and for further information on any event – your views count!
We look forward to meeting you and working with you.
Role of Chairperson
To ensure that PACT functions properly.
- Each meeting is planned effectively, conducted according to the agenda and that matters are dealt with in an orderly, efficient manner
- To ensure that PACT is managed effectively and ‘lead the team’
- To provide support to the PACT members
- To represent PACT as required i.e. Stakeholders Meeting
Role of Vice Chairperson
- To chair any meetings that the Chair is unable to attend
- Be involved in, or liaise with the committee and sub committees when organising events
- To prepare meeting agendas by consulting with the PACT Chair
- To welcome and involve other parents into the PACT
- To communicate to all parents, wider school and community about meetings, news and events via Facebook flyers, posters, newsletters and website
- To lead parent and wider Academy community engagement in PACT (class representatives, use of local contacts and skills)
- To prepare with the Chair the PACT and Treasurer annual report for the Annual General Meeting and any other meetings
Role of Treasurer
- Provide floats for each of the events
- Collect and bank money from the events
- Provide a report at each PACT meeting showing how much money has been raised/spent, with a closing balance at the end
- Prepare a balance sheet and a report for the AGM for the years accounts
Role of Secretary
- To attend PACT meetings
- To take accurate minutes
- To type up the minutes and send them to Chair for approval
PACT Meetings will be taking place on the following dates across this year:
· Tuesday 17th September 2019
· Thursday 14th November 2019
· Tuesday 14th January 2020
· Thursday 12th March 2020
· Tuesday 12th May 2020
· Thursday 9th June 2020
All meetings take place from 5.30pm to 6.30pm and are based in the community hub. Refreshments will be provided.
Please contact us via reception on 0121 521 1540 to let us know if you will be attending via email@example.com