Ensuring that your son/daughter is well prepared for a successful career, Q3 Academy Tipton delivers a structured Careers Education programme which provides them with the skills, knowledge and understanding to manage their own lifelong learning and career development. Through careers education, information, advice and guidance, your son/daughter will be able to feel positive about themselves, develop the knowledge and skills needed to make successful choices and manage transitions in learning and move into work, alongside improving their motivation, raising their aspirations and taking responsibility for their career plans.
If you wish to support out students by being involved in the Careers Education programme, please contact us.
0121 521 1540
Next Review: September 2021
Careers and 6th Form Governor:
Q3 Tipton Careers Plan for all Year Groups:
Info for Parents
Info for Employers
Info for Staff
Policies and Information
Careers Programme and Events
Labour Market Intelligence
Q3 Learn Live Channel
Did you know that:
- Career choice is one of life’s most important decisions.
- Choosing a career that matches your son/daughter’s interest, skills and values significantly increases their chances for success and happiness.
- As a parent/carer you play a crucial role in guiding your son/daughter’s career choices
- Your son/daughter has access to impartial careers information, advice and guidance
- Free resources are readily available to help your son/daughter make informed choices such as web based support from sites such as icould
- There is a comprehensive list of web sites that you can access along with your son/daughter that covers all aspects of careers guidance and planning which can be used to supplement the individual guidance they will receive at the Academy. These are located in the ‘Careers Section’ of the Academy web site.
- Your son/daughter will have access to a structured programme of careers education that is accessible for all abilities and ages
- The careers programme incorporates work related learning activities, work experience, challenge days, visits to colleges, apprenticeship providers and universities alongside employer talks.
To support your son/daughter you can:
- Support them when making decisions such as choosing GCSE options, Post 16, Post 18 options
- Encourage your son/daughter to develop their skills, raise their aspirations, pursue their interests and ambitions
- Take part in activities such as work experience, mock interview day and attend careers information talks by businesses to raise awareness of opportunities and encourage self-development.
Our aim is to encourage parental/carer involvement at every stage of your son/daughter’s career development. You are welcome to attend their careers guidance interviews in school by prior arrangement with a member of the careers team. We welcome suggestions from parents/carers on how to improve the services we offer.
Q3 Academies aims to build the gap between education and businesses, as we prepare students for the world of work and employment. We hold a range of events throughout the academic year. If you are interested in taking part in any of our events, please click here to express your interest.
The team at Q3 Tipton value links with educational institutions, training providers, apprenticeship providers and employers who contribute to our careers programme through:
- Raising aspirations and increasing motivation – helping young people identify educational and occupational goals
- Equip students with the valuable skills to bridge the gap between school and the world of work.
- Providing work enrichment opportunities including guest speakers. Work experience in February for Y12. Work experience in July for Y10
If you would like to get involved to help inspire our future workforce, speak to our students or can offer apprenticeships contact Miss C Johnson- Careers Leader
The following links are to help aid staff to support students when thinking about careers and post 16 options
Ideas of careers in subject areas: Planit : Schools : Subject Career Posters (planitplus.net)
Career Quiz: Free Career Quiz (sacu-student.com)
Explore Careers: Explore careers | National Careers Service
Apprenticeship search tool: Find an apprenticeship – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Q3 Academy Tipton works closely with the Careers and Enterprise Company. This is an external organisation that supports schools to ensure they are following the DFEs Careers Strategy. As an educational establishment we ensure that we use the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks as a foundation when planning our Careers Strategy. The Academy measures and assesses the impact of our careers programme using the following methods:
- Pupil career surveys
- Destination data
- Work experience placements which enhance pupil CV’s
- Employer evaluations for work experience placement
- Compass audit review is conducted 4 times during the year and is used to measure against the Gatsby benchmarks
Labour Market intelligence (LMI) is a useful tool to help research future jobs in the local area, understand the skills needed for certain roles and the demand for future employment. Understanding Labour Market intelligence is becoming more and more important as the world changes, so that all students can be aware of where different job roles are needed around the country and what types of jobs may need more people in the future.
Click on the following link for more information on local labour market intelligence for the Black Country,
The information on the channel is linked to employers and providers in the local area and nationally. The employer videos include national companies such as Balfour Beatty, United Utilities and the NHS. The Live Chat function allows students, parents and carers to communicate directly with employers in real time. The Live Chat is fully moderated and is operated in a safe environment.
There is also a Live Jobs applet which will advertise the latest job vacancies for Year 11’s, 13’s, parents and carers. The Live Jobs applet shows live vacancies and will flash red every time there is a new one. If you see a job on the tab you are interested in you click on the link attached to it. This will then take you either to the application for the job or the Learn Live channel. If you are taken to the Learn Live Channel, you will be shown videos relating to the employer’s vacancies and given the opportunity to talk directly to that employer via Live Chat.
Access the channel here: Q3 Academy, Tipton & Jobs | Learn Live | Contact Us Today (learnliveuk.com)
Useful Links for Students
Please click here to visit icould.com it has advice on choosing GCSE Pathways.
Click here to take the Buzz Quiz to identify your strengths.
Click here to browse National Careers Service information to explore jobs profiles and lots more.
Get career ideas by watching icould video stories – search by your favourite subject or job type here.
Can’t decide? Tactics for making decisions is a useful list to work through to help you make choices, and includes examples around GCSE subjects.
Choosing well: how to pick the right path for you is a more detailed guide to making decisions.
Other useful websites: