At Q3 Academy we are proud that our ethnically and culturally diverse community is fully represented by the students and staff at the Academy. The Q3 ethos; ‘to seek that which is good, that which is right and that which is true,’ fully embraces the fundamental British Values of democracy; the rule of law; individual liberty; mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.
These values, supported by our strong ethos, are embedded in our day-to-day practice and the relationships between all members of our school community. Additional activities that further promote British Values include:
- Tutor time and assemblies throughout the day;
- Student Voice activities;
- Personal, Social, Citizenship and Health Education programmes;
- Religious Education lessons;
- International activities such as the CCD Rainbow House initiative (annual visit by Q3 students and staff spending a week working with children in the orphanage);
- Classroom debates;
- After school clubs;
- Charity work;
- Sporting events;
- Educational visits and other Learning outside the Classroom;
- Academy Council;
- Pillars of Excellence;
- Student responsibility posts including; Junior Executive Team (JETS) and Prefects.
We use strategies within the curriculum and beyond to ensure these values are communicated and acted upon.
At Q3 Academy our spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) education permeates through the curriculum, supports the development of the ‘whole child’ and includes the teaching and development of British Values.
The Academy seeks to continuously review and evaluate its work by gaining external accreditation. The successful completion of the awards listed below demonstrates that SMSC and British Values are incorporated into the daily life of the Academy.
- Discovering Democracy Award for promoting youth participation and democracy in schools
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Army Cadet Force
- Sandwell Shape Awards